You know how sometimes you’re not really hungry but you just want to munch on something? Yes, you could reach for the fries but how much oil do they have, how many E numbers? What you could do is make your own crispy number in the form of these gorgeous morsels!
Okra is rich in Vitamins A and C as well as having antioxidants that reduce the risk of heart disease, cancer diabetes and more. It also contains many minerals which are essential for a good diet.
So what are you waiting for? This recipe is also super simple to make and requires little to no prep! You are going to wonder how you never made it before!
Crispy Air-Fried Indian Spiced Okra
- Air fryer
- 150 g okra
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/4 tsp chilli powder or more according to taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp chickpea flour
- 1 tsp garlic paste
- 1 tsp ginger paste
- 1 tsp rapeseed/vegetable oil
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- Wash the okra and then wrap them in kitchen towel to completely dry. They should be totally dry before the next step!
- Top and tail the okra and then cut into long, think strips (almost julienne like but not as thin)
- Put into a bowl along with all the dry ingredients. Mix all the spices together with the okra, making sure each piece gets covered well.
- Leave to marinade for 20 minutes.
- Add the oil, garlic and ginger pastes and lime juice. Coat the okra again.
- Pre heat the air fryer and then add the okra ensuring the pieces are not stuck together. Put back into the air fryer at 160 Celcius for 5 minutes to cook the okra
- Then increase the temperature to 180 Celcius and cook the okra again for 6 minutes. After this time, the okra should be crispy and brown in places.
- Empty them onto a plate, leave for two minutes and then enjoy!